Saturday, November 7, 2009

Florida : Monday Breakfast at Cracker Barrel and Papaya restaurant

This morning was another relax day we had together since we both had good sleep and no more hassle. We both woke up late but it was OK since his business was going on the afternoon and it's just short period.

Looking for breakfast and we knew that we were not going to have a hotel one. We like something we usually do when we travel which is going for a good local breakfast or some restaurant that we not having at home.

We went to Cracker Barrel old country store. We went to this one last time when we here in Jacksonville and he said I will love it...yes, I do.

I like the concept that bringing you back to the warm old day just like home made breakfast and it's more than food.

The entry hall was full with nice stuffs.

(I didn't get any good pictures up front, so shame)

OK, let's start with the menu;

a cup of coffee,

an always busy hubby,

oops! now he knew

the atmosphere was good

He had two bacons & two eggs
...but there's more...
Buttermilk Pancakes with very cute bottle of Syrup (I save it!)
Hey, looks good & and taste great.
How about mine,
I order "Uncle Herschel’s Favorite®" which is all of these...

Two Eggs with Grits, Sugar Cured HamSawmill Gravy,
Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits and Jam & Butter

~plus~
Fried Apples or Hashbrown Casserole
Oh My ....

and that's me, the fat lady afterward!
Afterward he went to a meeting somewhere nearby and dropped me here at the Riverside shopping mall for killing time. He got back after a meeting about 2-3 hours later and by the time I brought him to try on some pants I found his size at Old Navy.
This was phenomenon because it's hard for both of us to find any right size of cloth availiable in store since I'm PETITE and he's EXTRA TALL...ha ha ha.
We back to the hotel and after some rest then we figured out that we wanted to go back to Asian Restaurant "PAPAYA" that we went to a dinner the night before after Kingsley Plantation trip.
..................
We picked it because we wanted light meal and it was presenting Thai Food. At first the place looked a little bit too contrast for me. I thought they are trying to be a modern style restaurant which mostly good but the green light was too funny and the chair is not my style also even mainly on the menu were Thai food but some part of the interior was about Chinese so I a bit confused and easily assumed that the owner is not Thai.
Well, nice presentation food and it was incredible good especially Larb Moo (spicy minced pork) etc...all great. So my husband requested to talk with the chef since he so appreciated him but we got to talk to the owner instead and that's turn out to be very long nice conversation. Yes, ...I was right she's Chinese.
That night I didn't bring camera, so no food pictures...shame!
........................
We decided to go back there since hubby wanted to try more;
First item was clear soup - bean spout with minced pork and spring onion
(tasted like Noodle Soup Base for me....light but just OK)

Second one was Ginger Salad which is the owner recommended since the night before
- this was goooooooooood
Last one was a whole Seabass crispy fried in deep oil serving with the house recipe sauce
- it's more like a gravy, heavy, curry sauce for me...nice but way too heavy and it's a little too much of sauce but I love the fish especially whole crispy fish.

I missed my mum's "chili, garlic, lime & fish sauce" dipping sauce!!

But I do love the way I can see whole fish and we ate them all!

and that's the night...




....so green, isn't it?...

No comments:

Post a Comment